Saturday, July 25, 2009

Peace

Yes...I said it. I actually have some peace. And it feels magnificent! As of today, I have cut back my wow gaming to 2 days a week. And in the off days, I get the things done around the house I need to. Also, I am crocheting an afghan. That has been so relaxing, it's wonderful. To be able to make something that I can see growing right there as I do it, feels like I have accomplished something. And it doesn't matter if I work on it for 5 minutes or 5 hours. :D It is just relaxing me so much. I really needed that!

The afghan has healing properties. lol Well, not really, but in a way it does help. Not only do I feel more at peace, but I can sit there and have a great conversation with Joe at the same time, plus I don't snack or drink as much pop as I'm working on it. Result? 10 pounds down in just a matter of a week. Wow! I just find that to get awesome. :D And yes, I can be easily excited. hehe

On a different note...this also means that I can snuggle up with the cat more. He has been seeming a bit out of it lately, like he's wanting extra attention. We lock him out of the bedroom at night, because he'll keep us up. But, when we do, he'll poop on whatever is around...carpet, couch, chair, whatever...he's not fussy. Maybe with a little extra attention, he'll settle down a bit. :D Here's hoping!! Either way, I am enjoying this.

Since I can't take this with us to Virginia, because it's too big, I have another project that I am taking. It's a knit shoulder wrap. It's really cute. :) That should be compact enough to work on down there. hehe I wish I could take it on the plane, but they might frown on sharp pointy knitting needles. So, just in case, I'll pack it in my suitcase. :D

No comments: