Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Vacation

We finally managed to make it to VA. It was a trying event, to say the least. We left Halifax 1.5 hours late, and then arrived at Laguardia too late to catch our plane. So, we managed to find someone who was kind enough to get us seats on the flight leaving in 5 hours. It took a while, but we got here. I was tired, but glad to arrive. Although I had forgotten a few things from home. hehe I'm supposed to monitor my temperature every morning..especially with my meds and things in there. And, yes...I left it on my nightstand. Oops! I guess it was just providence that I wasn't supposed to stress over anything. But, now I don't know if or when I ovulated. Ugh!

Our shopping is completely finished. We went out on Saturday and fought with people to get the last of our items. But, it's all done. Now we are waiting for a couple things to be delivered that we purchased online, and we'll do a one time wrap fest. lol I'm not a fan of having to clean up the mess of wrapping gifts multiple times. Do it once..and done.

I have to say that I am so glad that we have a guy down the road who does plowing. He has been kind enough to take care of our driveway while we are gone. We will settle up the account when we get home next week. That is such a weight off. Especially since I heard that we were getting storm tonight. It's been downgraded now, but still up to 10cm of snow. And for the friends who are going up to look after the cat, I would prefer that the not have to trudge through that, or even have to contemplate having to clear it.

Well, off to do some relaxing. :D We bought some books at Borders the other day. It was fun. I got a few books that seemed interesting. A couple are history books, and a couple are calculus problems. The calculus books will hopefully help in getting my skill up before I take the next level class. If I can get some of this to be self taught, great! If not..well...we'll rethink the calculus thing. lol

No comments: