Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas is close

Wow, I can't believe it's so close to Christmas! It's time to bring out our Advent candles, already! It's going to be a very busy Christmas season. I think it was last year that Christmas fell on a Sunday, so we got away easy on Mass. lol This year, not so easy. :D So, we will spend a fair bit of time at church when down in Virginia. :) It's always great to see everyone there. We don't get to see them often enough.

So, we have a few things planned while we are down there. We promised 4 of our friends kids that we would take them out for dinner while we are down there. Since the car we will be driving will only seat Joe and I and 2 others, we have to split up our dinners. I believe M was delighted over the idea of Five Guys. lol I'm up for pretty much anything, so whatever they want, works for me. hehe

Joe found out today that our Deacon, who teaches at the local Baptist university, is now in charge of the permanent deaconate program. This particular Deacon really doesn't follow much of the church teachings anymore. Let's say he is smitten with the protestant teachings. Bodes well for the deaconate program. *sigh* Joe asked what the Deacon thought about the recent approved changes that the US Bishops just voted on regarding the new Roman Missal. His response that we have been using this Missal in Canada for years. Umm...I thought this was all being done at the request of the Pope. And therefore, was about having new proper translations. Now, I will give him credit for the fact, that we do in fact have more accurate translations in Canada. We use the Apostles creed, etc, which is more accurate with the "I Believe" as opposed to the "We Believe" translation for the word credo. Although, even though we use the word believe for Credo, it is actually a blending of two words, one means heart and one means give...so I give my heart, would be a better way of saying it. But, normal translations, and dictionaries alike, say that Credo means I Believe.

Because we are entering a new liturgical year, this would be a great place to start my bible studies again. I have been intending to spend time each day prayer, or reading the bible, something. It's been very hard to put this in my routine. I don't know why. But, it's just one of those things that sometimes happens. It seems easier to not change the routine, even when it's something that desperately needs changing.

No comments: