Friday, November 13, 2009

TTC

So often now days I see women struggling with infertility. It comes in so many ranges and colours, but the struggle is the same. It really seems like there are so many women now with PCOS. But, where did it all of a sudden come from? I know that the medical community knows more now, but this is so common, that it's scary. Is it a hormone issue from something we've eaten? Is it from something that our parents passed down to us? People don't really seem like they know. I am also seeing women struggle with undiagnosed infertility. This is also the category that I find myself stuck into.

What is undiagnosed infertility? It's simply what it says. You can't get pregnant, and they don't know why. Medically they have found nothing wrong with me. But, they insist on doing more tests, because there obviously must be something wrong with me, if I can't get pregnant. How many probes do they expect me to allow them to shove up there? Honestly, I'm done with the tests. I'm done with being stuck with needles. After all, where do these tests lead? Well, if they discover something miraculously that they didn't see the first 5 times, then they treat it. If they don't find anything, well, I keep going as is. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will put me on fertility meds.

Somehow I have to let go of it all. Such an easy statement to write. But, what in the world does it mean? I wish I could answer my own question. lol Honestly, I don't know what it means, but I think it will be time for me to start chronicling that journey. The journey will begin with my relationship with God. I am going to work on being closer to God, and listening to Him. What is it that God wants me to do? For now, no tests...no bloodwork...no anything being shoved where it isn't supposed to be. Because I'm not willing to advance through the treatments like the doctors want me to. There is no IVF or IUI for us. So, why start a journey down a path that we refuse to walk? It's pointless. The path we are willing to walk is with God, and that is the path we now begin to walk anew.

No comments: