Thursday, November 19, 2009

Procrastination is an Art

It really is. And I am a master! Case in point..I am studying for a test right now...while taking some time out to write this. hehe And as a guy in my class pointed out, I have study fever. Every time I go to study, somehow Facebook pops up. How does that happen?! lol I can't help it. My brain is just so ADD lately. It is trying to constantly move to something else. So far my solution has been to let it. So, I'll study a bit, then go on Facebook, then maybe knit a little, and maybe even go clean something in the house. lol In all honesty, the method actually works for me. As long as I am faithful enough to actually return to the studying.

So, how do I return. Well, I have begun to set limits on my brains wanderings. I give it a 5 minute break on the internet, or perhaps I knit 2-3 rows. Something to divert it for a few minutes. And to my surprise, when I come back to the studying, I am actually retaining what I am trying to remember. My brain sort of puts it into the background to be something to distract it from what it's now focused on. A bit of a cool trick for my head. :D hehe

On the TTC front, well, it's another relaxed month. I have left the thermometer away again. I took my temperature on CD1 to make sure it was low..and it was super low. Good. :D So, everything is clear. Now if I can avoid having that cyst come back, I'll be good. We figure that was the problem last month. I had a bunch of issues. But, all seems well now. I couldn't find the soy, so that will wait until I can find it. It will probably be something I look for when we go to Virginia for Christmas.

I almost have my sweater finished. Yay! The afghan was finished a couple days ago, and I love it. All I have left on the sweater is one sleeve, the other sleeve is 80% done. Then, assembly, and knitting the neck portion. :) I might be done by the end of the weekend. Woo!

Alright, that is my 5 minute break. Time to get back to my Greek studying. :D

No comments: