Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And the year has begun

Even though New Years was last year, this is our first week of actually living in 2010. lol We were sick and exhausted for the first few days. Now, we are back to classes and getting back into the swing of things. Right now I am trying to get my brain to engage back into studying. Classes started 2 days ago, and being back to the normal routine in Greek, we most likely have a quiz tomorrow on some vocabulary. I am just trying to get my brain to remember it. lol For now, I'll leave it and work on assembling my sweater. I find that if I work on something for too long I just get tired, and irritated. My brain just works better when I work on it for a bit, then go back to it in a little while.

I actually took the time to make lasagna for supper. I hope it turns out well. It looked pretty good in the pan. hehe I only have to wait about another 6 minutes for it to be done, then I just have to cool it for a little bit. Well, maybe not. I get impatient and dig in right away. lol I made my first lasagna with ricotta a few months ago. I absolutely loved it! I don't normally have ricotta cheese in the lasagna, so that was a real treat. Now every lasagna I make has it. :D

My 365 project is on hold already. *sigh* But, I can't do it unless I have a camera to take pictures with. Well, I have a camera I can use, but I can't get the pictures off. So, that defeats the purpose. We have the camera on order, but it could be a couple weeks before it arrives. I settled on the Nikon Coolpix P90. It's not great, but it's not crappy either. It's a middle of the road camera. Many of the reviews said that if you want better quality go to an SLR. Well, since I didn't want to invest in an SLR right now, that seems like it should be a fine camera for what I need. Although one review said not to use it to take pictures of kids or animals. What? There is no reason why it shouldn't be better than what we have now. We are going from a 4 megapixel to a 12 megapixel. That in itself will be an improvement for me. Please, you can't tell me that you can't take a decent picture of pets and kids. Maybe not with the 24X zoom fully out, but duh...that zoom is never going to have great quality. Not for the price of the camera. I'm sure I'll rarely use the 24X zoom. I figure it will be good to have about a 10X zoom to get up tighter on something. But, I don't necessarily want a full zoom like that anyway. This just happens to come with it. lol Once I have it and have used it for a bit, I'll do my own review on it.

No comments: