Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Moving on up

I have made the decision to upgrade the blog. The domain name has been purchased, and I'm just waiting for the all clear from my BIL that I can get everything set up. He did the purchase and I think is doing some initial stuff to get me up and running. I decided to try WordPress. It looks like it should have enough flexibility for what I am looking to do. This is going to take a bit to get up and running though. I'll have it up quickly though. I just might spend a few weeks doing many tweaks. hehe I'll do a post when it's all set up and ready to go...probably this weekendish. The domain name is tanyalavine.com. I figured I would try to set a bit of a name for myself. I'm going to get things going like this:
1) the blog section. It will run similar to this, with just the normal posts and such.
2) the photography section. This will give me a place to put up some of my fav pics/nicer pics that I have taken. It will work a bit like a studio. I'm going to try my hand at some fancier shots along the way.
3) a possible business section at some point. For selling crafts and such.
4) a craft section. I might do something on one of the pages about projects that are on the go, and that sort of thing.

And who knows what else. hehe I might do something for recipes or something too. I have to take a look and see what sort of addons there are for WordPress to decide where to go 100%. The blog and photography is a definite must have. The business section might just have some sort of static page of what I can do, contact info, or maybe a secure email form instead of contact info. I'm looking forward to this. :D

No comments: