Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolutions?

So, who actually does resolutions still? I considered it this year. But, the things I need to change for this year are the normal things...lose weight, correct eating habits, get my backside in gear at school, etc etc etc. Nothing exciting there. And I thought, why do a resolution? I always break them anyway. lol Resolutions have become this routine thing that everyone talks about around new years eve, then on new years day, they have already forgotten it, thanks to the drunken stupor from the night before. lol I still have those resolution type things on my list to do, but not in the same area of my brain. I want to give them more weight, so to speak. lol My neurologist wants me to lose weight. How much weight? Well, that is relative. Based on my BMI, I should get down to 135. I am currently about 195. However!, I was at 135 before, and I didn't like it. I was way too thin. So, in my mind, I think 160 is the number to shoot for. It's comfortable, healthy, and very realistic. I read in the newspaper today that X-weighted is starting a 26 week challenge starting this weekend. You can participate as you wish, and you can either weigh in at the national weight in day, or on your own. I'll probably do it on my own, because it's not an easy place for me to get to from where we live.

So, 26 weeks. That's not so bad. It's a realistic time period for weight loss. So, I input my weight, height and measurements. Their program on their website has decided I should lose 31 pounds in 6 months. That seems like a decent enough number. The fun part is actually doing the work that is required to lose that weight. For me, I have a problem of being able to keep up with it. I find if I get to busy, with school or whatever, that I drop the workouts. I think I need to retrain myself on that one., because I do find that when I workout I feel better. I just have to be cautious to not overdo it. I was told that overdoing it is just as bad for me as doing nothing. So, time to find that balance. I'm also hoping that with the exercise and portion control and stuff, that I will be able to better control my sugars. The exercise alone can help a lot with that. Bring on the challenge!!

No comments: